We sell technical support contracts for Icon TimeVue software.
“I moved TimeVue to a new computer and it doesn’t work!” We got that call today. We get it every month. Icon TimeVue time clock software was written in 2003 or so, and Windows XP was the world’s operating system. So when you install it on Windows 7, 8, and 10, it fails. Icon released an update that fixes that, it’s online and it’s free.
If you copied the entire program folder from a running PC over to the new PC, it won’t work. It has to be installed from the CD, then rebooted to finish the registry changes.
How to move TimeVue from one computer to another:
- Disconnect the time clock’s communication cable AT THE CLOCK.
- In the computer that it is currently running on, make an archive of your data.
* insert a USB thumb drive, let it boot.
* From the dashboard, select Archive and follow the directions, saving to the thumb drive.
- Click on this link: TimeVueUpdate
- From the drop down menu, select 05-19-10 TimeVue – Update Version 1.0.34
* Download it, execute it, install it anywhere. It doesn’t matter, just install it to anywhere it defaults t.
- After this is done, you can safely install the TimeVue CD. You will need the CD, and the original owners manual – the one where the someone has written down the initial activation code.
* If you do not have the CD, or the activation code, you will need to purchase a CD or the code, from Icon. Icon is: 1.800.847.2232 xt 1. Have your Visa or MasterCard ready.
- Once the software is installed, remove the CD. You must reboot the computer.
- Okay, the computer is booted. Open TimeVue. If you haven’t done so already, install the activation code. Then, select the “Upgrades” button on the lower left and install the module codes.
- Restart the program.
- Plug in the USB thumb drive. Select Restore. Select APPEND TO EXISTING DATA, not overwrite.
- Remove the USB, close that operation, and select Time Clocks from the TimeVue Switchboard.
- Your clock should be in that list. Plug the clock back in (Step 1 was to disconnect it).
- Poll the clock. If it is a USB clock, you may have to experiment with the USB Com Port settings.
Change NOTHING in the dial up string, if it has data.
- 13 is so appropriate here.. Follow these directions to the letter.
If you need assistance, we are for hire. 1.800.682.3389 Attn: Joe