How to safely delete old employees from TimeVue
1) Delete the clock assignment from each of them.
2) The easiest way to do this is:
a) Wait two months
b) Make an archive
When the archive prompts, select the date to delete punches prior to… “Month Date 1, 2017 Like March 1, 2017 which is about two months prior.
Remove all data up until that date, this leaves records that you can view from March 1 though now. Employees deleted after that date, March 2nd and newer, will still show.
Name it “March1_2017” No quotes… The .arc will automatically be added.
Save file March1_2017 in a folder that you have created. I suggest you have a folder named: “Time Clock Records” Again, no quotes.
c) Go back to the time clock list, select “Reset All Clocks” and close the window.
d) Poll the clock
That will clean up the list, your records will be available for restoration if you ever need them.
If you ever want to restore them, say for an audit of some sort, or reports, do this:
1) Make an archive of the records as of that moment.
2) Disconnect the data cable from the clock so that you don’t accidentally poll it.
Do not poll the clock!
3) Restore and Append, or Restore and Overwrite, your records, whatever you need to do.
Now run your reports
4) Now, you have finished your project. Restore and Overwrite existing punches, with the archive you made before you did your homework.
This replaces the old files you were working with, with the ones you need.
5) Reconnect the data cable. Your records will be current again, and you can continue like nothing happened.
Think of it as an old Word document. You save the one you have, you replace it, or append it, to fish out some old information. Then you overwrite it once again to get back to where you started.
I wrote this, I am solely responsible for this content. Joseph Wagner